Wednesday, April 1, 2009

It`s going to be like Sideways, only Happy and Full of Hope

So I`m off on my first big trip out of Buenos Aires, and it`s about time! I`m loving this city more than life, but Argentina`s an awfully big place and I need to see it all.

So I am going to see it all. On a 15-hour bus ride to Mendoza.

That`s right...this lightweight`s going to wine country.

Mendoza is essentially the Napa Valley of South America, the home of the tasty tasty Malbec. And oh, do I intend to taste as much of it as I possibly can.

My friends and I are planning a bike tour of some wineries, but I have the feeling that they might just strap me to their bikes and drag me home by the end. Or leave my drunk sorry ass in the dust. I´m hoping to re-create the scene from Sideways where Paul Giamatti dumps the tureeen of wine over his head, and I think my friends are too classy to stick around for that.


Here`s to you, classy friends.

So I am leaving tonight, Wednesday night, and shall arrive some time Thursday afternoon. Don`t feel bad for me and the long bus ride/think I`m a crazy idiot; we got a nice bus with reclining seats, DVD players and meals. I`ll basically be incommunicado while I`m there, as the internet situation in the hostel is questionable. Then I`m leaving 7am Sunday morning, and will be back 11pm Sunday night.

Have a nice weekend everyone! Much love!

0 comments: