Monday, April 13, 2009

Sure, watching too much TV is bad for you. And breathing in too deep will make your lungs explode.

Hey, I don't know if this company exists in the United States. If it does, has anyone seen this music video? It's my life right now.



I love Argentine television a little too much. There is a television in my room here and that's something I'm definitely not used to. There's always been one in my dorm at Ithaca, but because I had a roommate that's not one that I could turn on whenever I wanted, to whatever channel I wanted. Also, I finished all the books I brought during my first week here and don't want to spend money on more.

Anyway...Argentine television. First of all, the censorship seems to be nil. Know those special "call a sexy friend" type commercials that come on after midnight in the States? Here they're on ALL the time. On every channel. That's right, Disney Playhouse. I'm looking at you. There seems to be an abundance of Christmas-themed ones lately...

And exercise products! Belly busters and other weird torture devices abound. I feel like in the United States we have transcended these products...and take lots of pills instead.

Different channels too. No NBC, ABC, CBS yada yada yada. There's some national stations, like Cronica TV and Telefe. And then there's the Universal Channel, the Warner Channel, and the Sony channel. They all have pretty decent selections, lots of familiar shows.

Sports stations? Bajillions. All soccer, of course.

Telenovelas abound. Love love love. And the music channels are glorious! Again, very little in the way of editing. Music videos that typically aren't shown after midnight in the United States, like say oh, Nine Inch Nails' "Closer" and most of the Prince catalog are shown at like 8am here.

I've always been a bit of a couch potato, but this is getting ridiculous.

1 comments:

Caylena Cahill said...

speaking of ithaca, and roommates and tvs, who's bringing one to 27 05 02? (or whatever our number is)