Monday, September 7, 2009

It's like you want me to fail my other classes

Sorry for the posting gaps...I found other ways to shirk my responsibilities for a little while.

Like moving back to school!

I didn't realize just how much I missed Ithaca until I got back. Yeah, I've mentioned a lot that I missed it. But just pulling onto campus with my parents...it was crazy. I missed the trees, the wonky weather, the people, the DECENT CLASSES. IES' classes were a nightmare; it's great to finally be learning again!

There hasn't been too much homework yet, so I've been trying to enjoy myself as much as I can before I have to glue my ass to my desk chair. Going for long walks and bike rides, visiting the farmer's market, smoking hookah with friends and wondering how I managed to go almost eight months without seeing them every day.

Of course, these luxuries aren't going to last too much longer. I'm taking a digital journalism workshop, where I'm going to have two multimedia projects due every week for the rest of the semester. The teachers have essentially said that if we don't get so frustrated that we imagine ourselves bludgeoning people with our laptops and tripods...we're not working hard enough.

I feel like the counseling center and I are going to be great friends.

But they also encouraged us to use other forms of media to build up our skills and our resumes. Hence, I have an excuse to continue posting. Now I can put of my homework and be productive at the same time! Imagine that.

Today is "Labor Day" (I learned about the real Labor Day in Argentina, this one is bullcrap), so no classes. This afternoon I'm going out with Hillel to Buttermilk Falls to hike and swim. This is going to be the fourth time I've done this with Hillel, and probably the last.

Being a senior feels like I'm counting down to my death. It's my last time for a lot of things, and then suddenly I'm going to be thrown into some great big unknown.

0 comments: