Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gorge Hike

Every year since I started at Ithaca, I've been going on Hillel's hike down Buttermilk Falls on Labor Day. I love this event, it's always a chance to meet new people and go swimming without lifeguard supervision :)

It's a shame it's my last hike with Hillel. This year we had over 40 people attend, the most that I've ever seen. It was amazing to see so many Jews from campus concentrated in one place! And not on Yom Kippur, when suddenly everyone gets a case of the guilts for not attending services!

Anyway, on a less depressing note here's some photos!


Standing in a circle for the customary pre-hike getting to know you questionnaire. This year's special question: If you had a pet platypus, what would you name it? I said Napoleon, although there was a proliferation of Shlomos, Chaims, and Moses this year.



Katie in nature.







Josh took one for the team and went into the COLD water first.






Me and Katie. We want to make a photo collage of all the pictures we have together from our gorge hikes.


I love my macro lens!


This coming weekend should be a good one. Having Shabbat dinner at Boss House with Katie, Brian, Britt, and a bunch of other people, then Farmer's Market and a Sufferjets roller derby game on Sept. 12. Digital journalism workshop assignments start on Monday, so I'm enjoying life as much as I can until then.

0 comments: