Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Spring" Break pt...whatever let's just finish this

Don't know if the creative title tells you anything about my state of mind, but yeah. I think I've blogged enough about my break, don't you? All that's really left to talk about is how I didn't pack enough socks and I kept having a weird dream that I was married to Chandler Bing.

Oh, and Bariloche. That place was pretty important.

Bariloche is in the northern part of Argentine Patagonia, AKA Switzerland for people too cheap like me to go to Europe. It's lots of mountains and lakes, and is very very beautiful. My friends and I were very fortunate because we picked a hostel on top of a hill. It was a bit of a slog to get up all the steps, but to be able to see something like this every morning, it was well worth it.


On our first full day me, Sarah J, Lizzie, Jenny and I took a chair lift up a mountain. It was cold, but we got to see awesome things like this on the way up and from the top.

Did I mention the chair lift was called "The Gringo Trail?" Gringo doesn't have nearly the same connotation as it does in other parts of Latin America...but still. Really?

Lizzie decided to take on the Gringo Trail barefoot.




On Friday, me Lizzie and Jenny braved the pouring rain to go to a multi-trek on Tronador. Tronador is a mountain in Nahuel Huapi, South America's first national park. It was gorgeous, and we got to see A BLACK ICE GLACIER.

It's black because when it slid down from the mountain, it picked up a ton of volcanic ash. It was a pretty tough hike (partly because I was stupid and didn't bring a coat), but was definitely a highlight of the trip. Well worth the 7 or so hours of cold wetness.




That concludes my blogger presentation of my "Spring" Break travel extravaganza! Next stop on the globe is...Uruguay! Or as one of my professors here calls it, Argentina's Canada!

0 comments: