Tuesday, October 6, 2009

When the Gallery Owner is the Artist...

Another weekly digital journalism project is in the can!

Check it out here. I don't know if it's going to make The Ithacan yet, but I like it. And it was really fun to make.

I basically want to be Daphne Solá when I grow up. She's really a strong woman with a point of view and and the strength to follow her passions. I hope that as I grow older, I'll be able to retain that kind of power and passion within myself.

One part of my interview with her that I didn't include was about how she came to learn how to make paper at a conference in Japan. In the span of a day, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., she made the decision to go to Japan for a month and booked her flight. Needless to say, it was kind of surprise to her husband when he got home from work.

0 comments: